PAYPOINT: HOW THE RETAILER BENEFITS
Why becoming a PayPoint agent can help make your business more successful.
- By being a PayPoint agent, you provide a valuable service to your local community which helps to differentiate your store offering from that of other shops in the area. When you become a PayPoint agent your customers can pay their Electric Ireland, Eircom, Bord Gáis, NTL, Chorus, Vodafone Bill Payment, Panda Waste, Wexford, Laois and Meath County Councils, Dublin City Council and Imagine bills conveniently in their local convenience store as well as Top Up their mobile phones with Vodafone, O2, Meteor, 3Pay and Tesco Mobile. We also offer a range of International and Rechargeable calling cards such as Swiftcall, First National, IDT - Unity, Lime and Super cards. Your customers can also purchase E-money vouchers which enable people to make internet payments on various internet sites through Ukash, Actecash, Paysafecards and Cash Ticket vouchers purchased on the PayPoint terminal.
- Stores with PayPoint terminals attract additional payment customer footfall, enjoy greater customer loyalty, and benefit from increased sales and higher basket spends. Independent research* in the UK shows that:
- 46% of PayPoint users say PayPoint gives them a reason to go to the shop when they have no other reason to go there
- 51% of PayPoint users say the need to use PayPoint makes them a more regular shopper at the store
- 58% of PayPoint users had made an additional purchase whilst using PayPoint
- Their average spend was €10.57, excluding the PayPoint transaction
*Source: ESA Market Research 2004
- PayPoint offers your customers more choice of payment schemes than any other network. In fact, PayPoint is the only network that accepts payments for all major utilities
- Electric Ireland tokens, cards and bills
- Bord Gais bills
- Eircom bills
- Chorus NTL bills
- Many of PayPoint’s client companies advertise PayPoint free of charge on bills and in regular customer communications. Some even include customers’ nearest PayPoint outlet names and addresses.
- No retailer investment is required. The terminal, installation and training are all provided free of charge.
- As part of PayPoint’s programme of on-going improvement, €11 million has recently been spent developing a new generation of PayPoint terminal. Using feedback from retail agents on the improvements they would like to see, the all-new terminal has been designed to be faster, quieter and easier to use.
- PayPoint also merchandises every site with eye-catching window, interior and counter-based POS materials to advertise the availability of the service. High quality external signage can also be provided.
- PayPoint provides unparalleled service support for its retail agents. The PayPoint Agent Call Centre is open 7 days a week from 6.30am to 11.00pm to provide assistance with your technical, financial and customer service queries.
- PayPoint also has a mobile Field Service Team whose members are on hand to provide help, guidance and support on a wide range of operational, marketing and customer service matters.